The WinSETT Centre develops and delivers professional development for up and coming leaders tailored to early and mid-career female engineering, science, trades and technology professionals and the people with whom they work.
There are two components to the WinSETT Centre Leadership Program – full day Workshops and 90 minute Skill Builders. The workshops are offered in person to women only and the Skill Builders are offered online or in person and are open to all genders. Skill Builders and Workshops can be purchased by organizations or participants may purchase a seat in a publicly offered session, as they become available. Contact us for more information on purchasing sessions at Winsettcentre@gmail.com.
Whether a Workshop or a Skill Builder, all components are highly interactive, engaging, based on research and best practices, focused on the reality of Canadian women in SETT and professionally facilitated. WinSETT has nine facilitators across the country, all of whom are from the SETT world. They are engineers, scientists, tradespeople, educators, coaches, and technologists and all are passionate about improving the workplace culture and the leadership opportunities for women in SETT.
Skill Builders focus on introducing those crucial leadership skills in an interactive 90 minute session, whether in person or online. They are open to all genders.
Skill Builder topics:
- Allyship for Everyone
- Exploring Communication Styles
- From Difficult to Effective Conversations
- Fundamentals of Leading Change
- Fundamentals of Respectful and Inclusive Workplaces
- Introduction to Negotiation
- Mentors and Sponsors
- Navigating Workplace Politics
- Recruiting SETT Women
- Retaining SETT Women
- Self-Promotion: Your Way
- Unconscious Bias: What you Need to Know
- Working Collaboratively Across Generations
- Working with Challenging People
The WinSETT Centre delivers a series of professional development workshops tailored primarily to early to mid-career female engineers, scientists, tradespersons and technologists in SETT. Graduate students and senior undergraduates have also benefited. The program has been developed by professionals based on the experiences of women in SETT and grounded in research and practices that work.
- Becoming Leaders: An Introduction to Leadership Skills and Strategies
- Effective Communication for Women in SETT
- Emotional Intelligence
- Negotiating for Success
- Navigating the Politics of the Workplace
- Networks, Mentors and Sponsors